Sneak peek of upcoming release

Upcoming & New Releases




                          Upcoming release

I Was Everything He Wanted -Two book series(Book 1 Avaiable Now) (Book 2 Dropping March 10th)

 

                            Synopsis

Paisley has just found out that her husband, Nahir has done the unthinkable with someone close to them. With this horrid knowledge she kicks him out and tries to move on with her life; pregnant and all. While trying to recover from the hard blow she finds herself spending time with Datreon. Just so happens Datreon is one of Nahir's enemies. But that doesn't stop Paisley from getting close to him. Unlike Nahir, Datreon is there for Paisley; he offers a shoulder to lean on. Unfortunately, he too has a few secrets of his own that she is unaware of. Will Paisley continue to keep company with her husband's enemy, or will Datreon's secrets spill out and cause her to run back to the one who initially pushed her away.

In the last installment, Marcus sent Mickey's goons after Nahir. Now reality has set in and he realizes that he made a huge mistake by endangering his brother's life. Therefore, he sets out to "right his wrongs." Nahir doesn't want to hear Marcus' apologizes though. He's still angry that his little brother tried to have him killed. Plus, he is convinced that Mickey's men are still after him. Before Marcus can do any damage control to fix the situation, he learns a secret that changes the course of things. The news is so mind boggling that it causes Marcus to quickly take flight. But while he thought he was running away from danger, he actually leaped right into the arms of it.

With secrets, lies, deceit, and murder it's almost hard to recognize who really has your back because no one is who they seem to be. Take one more look into the lives of this flawed family to see if they'll finally get their happy ending or will it be too late to recapture what they once had.

Sneak Peek


This is a sneak peek of the upcoming release, I Was Everything He Had. *If you haven't read book one, I would suggest you read that first before reading this sneak peek.*

*All works are copyrighted and cannot in any way be duplicated, unless it is for quoting purposes. Any other reason, prior authorization will need to be granted by author N.L. Hudson.

   Previously in I Was Everything He  Wanted 

Paisley

“Wait, Paisley. Don’t go out there causing a scene. This is something that you guys should discuss at home,” Marcia said as she ran behind me. 

“Fuck that. I’m not waiting for shit. This nigga got me so fucked up,” I yelled as I went in search of Nahir. I scanned the room and spotted him in the corner talking to his mom. I kicked off my shoes and headed in that direction.  

“Paisley, please stop. Remember that you’re pregnant,” Marcia said as she caught up with me. But I wasn’t trying to hear that. All I could think was how could my husband do me so dirty? He knew what I’d been dealing with regarding my parents. He also was aware of how the whole situation made me feel. I’d been depressed and had only recently come to terms with my dad leaving. Not to mention, I had voiced all my concerns about why I didn’t want to have a baby, and he still turns around and betrays me. As I stormed over to Nahir, he looked up with a blank expression on his face. He must have noticed the scowl I wore and Marcia behind me because he didn’t seem surprised. 

“Paisley wait, I can explain,” He said holding up his hands. Just as I’d suspected, his ass already knew what my anger was about. 

Whap! Fuck you Nahir. You can’t explain anything to me, you lying ass dog” I yelled. Marcia grabbed my arms, but I pulled away. “Don’t touch me,” I screamed. Everyone suddenly stopped what they were doing and stared at us. Even the DJ had cut the music to be nosey. 

“Wait a minute now. Paisley, you know I love you like my daughter, but you are out of line. You shouldn’t be putting your hands on him,” Vanessa, Nahir’s mother, said. I scrunched up my face at her. This was my husband and she needed to mind her own business. 

“Ma, don’t worry. I’m cool. Paisley, let me talk to you outside,” Nahir said trying to grab hold of me. 

“Get the fuck off of me,” I yelled. 

“What’s going on?” I heard someone whisper, but I didn’t even try to see who the voice belonged to. I was so hurt that I felt as if I were going to die. My heart felt like it was being ripped out of my chest. 

“How could you Nahir?” I asked with misty eyes. 

“Baby, let me just talk to you outside,” Nahir said again. 

“Paisley, maybe you should just go with him. Everyone is staring,” Marcia whispered. I blinked rapidly as I stared at her. I then turned my attention back to Nahir. He was just standing there looking at me with pleading eyes. I glanced around the room one last time and then peered down at my wedding ring. I twisted it off my finger, cupped it in my hand and tossed it at Nahir’s chest.

“I want a divorce,” I told him and took off running. 

“Paisley wait,” Nahir called to me, but I kept going. I didn’t stop until I made it outside to my car. I hopped inside, started it up and then I peeled off. 

                                                           

                                                       

          Nahir                        

 “Fuck this shit!” I yelled as I pounded on my steering wheel. I couldn’t believe this was happening. How the hell did I allow things to get so out of hand? I had tried my best to catch up to Paisley, but by the time I made it outside, she was already gone. I spent a few minutes circling the block from where the party was being held, but I hadn’t noticed any signs of her. Of course, I tried dialing her number, but all she had done was send the phone straight to voicemail. I could tell that’s what she was doing because it only rung twice. I should have known that I wasn’t as slick as I thought. See, I’d called Marcia after Paisley had told me that she was pregnant and made her believe that I had told my wife everything and that we were working it out. At first, she seemed to be a little skeptical, but after much convincing, she had finally believed me. I had no idea that the shit would be brought up before I had the chance to tell Paisley what I’d done, and now my whole world was crashing right in front of my eyes. 

The look that Paisley had given me when she tossed her ring was one that I had never seen before. Her eyes held so much hate, disgust, disappointment, and anger. It broke my heart that she had to find out on her birthday the way that she did. I picked my phone up and tried redialing her number. This time it went straight to voicemail and didn’t ring at all. I figured that she must have turned her phone off. “Damn,” I yelled out. I didn’t know what I was going to do because I couldn’t live without my wife. She was the air I breathed, the strength that got me through the days and half the foundation to our marriage. If there was no Paisley, there’s no me. I might as well be dead because that’s how I would feel if I had to live without her. 

Suddenly my phone rang and I snatched it up. I didn’t even bother looking at the caller ID, thinking it was Paisley. “Hello,” I said in a panicked tone. 

“Nahir, baby, what is going on with you and Paisley?” My mom’s voice came over the line. I sighed with disappointment. 

“I messed up ma,” I said, and it almost felt like I wanted to shed some tears. 

“Messed up how? Paisley seemed pretty upset, so what is it that you did to make her so angry?” my mom asked. Her voice was soothing and she appeared to be genuinely concerned. 

“I’m too embarrassed to even say,” I told her as I turned down the street that I lived on. I wanted to see if Paisley had come home. That was the last place I could think to look because I’d searched everywhere that I expected she could be. But when I pulled into our yard and let the garage up, I noticed that it was void of her car. Damn, where is she? I thought just as I heard my momma saying something. 

“I’m sure whatever it is, it couldn’t be as bad as Paisley is making it out to be. I was stunned to see her act in such a way. Especially in front of all those people and in her condition,” My mom said speaking of Paisley being pregnant. Her words pissed me off. Because here I was telling her that I’d done something to my wife, and she was accusing Paisley of overacting. I hadn’t even told her what I’d done, so how did she know how bad it was. Now, I saw exactly what Marcus always talked about.

“Ma, listen to me. I messed up; I cheated on Paisley. And the worst part  is that I did it with Marcus’s girlfriend. Her cousin caught us coming out of the hotel one day and threatened to tell Paisley. But I begged her not to, and then I turned around and lied and said that I’d told Paisley myself so that she wouldn’t mention anything. So, Paisley has every right to be mad at me,” I said. There was a long pregnant pause. I had to look at my phone to see if my mom was still there. I bet she wasn’t expecting me to unload some shit like that on her. But it was the reality and my mom needed to realize that I wasn’t this perfect man that she had painted me to be. 

“Hello, ma, you there?” I asked. 

“Yes, I’m here. Look, marriages go through ups and downs all the time and Paisley just needs to learn how to stick by her man when things like that happen. She can’t just run when the first sight of trouble hits,” my mom said, and I shook my head. 

After all that I’d just confessed to her, it was like my mom still didn’t get it. I had fucked up big time and her ass didn’t see anything wrong with that. She hadn’t even mentioned anything about Marcus. She was pissing me off and I didn’t want to talk to her anymore. I had to figure out where my wife was. 

“Ma, let me hit you back. I need to find Paisley. I don’t like her being out here pregnant and riding around mad,” I said.

“Okay, well you call me back. But Nahir, listen to me. You’re a man, and men sometimes mess up. Don’t beat yourself up too much about it. I’m sure she will come around,” my mom said. I didn’t even dignify her comment with a response. I just hung up before she could say something else to piss me off.

Opening the car door, I stepped out to head inside of the house. I was going to wait for a minute to see if Paisley showed up. If she didn’t, I was going to go looking for her again. I couldn’t have her just wondering around. As I closed my door, I heard the sudden sound of tires pulling up. I spun around thinking it was Paisley, but it wasn’t. It was a black SUV with dark tinted windows. I couldn’t see inside and had no idea who it was. But then the door opened and out stepped Marcus wearing all black everything. I didn’t know why he would just show up unannounced. 

“What’s going on Marcus. Whose car is that?” I asked, but he didn’t say anything as he walked closer to me. “You aight?”

“Nah, I’m not aight. You already know what this shit is about. Yo ass fucked my girl; then you thought you could steal her from me.” He spewed with so much anger in his tone. 

“Look, man, I apologize. I never meant to go behind your back and mess with Averi. She came on to me and the shit just happened. But listen yo, that bitch is not right. You deserve better. She was talking about me leaving Paisley to be with her ass. Then she was saying how much she loved me. You don’t want nobody like that,” I said. Marcus inched closer to me. His eyes were dark and low and his lips were drawn in a straight line. The look that he had was one that I knew all too well and it had me on alert. “Yo dawg, I know we ain’t about to come to blows over no slut like that?” I asked, and he laughed maniacally. 

“Nah, the shit is more severe than that. You touched something once again that didn’t belong to you. Why couldn’t you just leave my girl alone? Just like everything else since we were younger, you just had to have Averi. Nigga, you know how many times you got what should have been mine. Then you gon’ stand in my face and lie like she came on to you nigga? Are you serious?”

“Why would I lie about something like that? What she told you that I approached her?” I asked. 

“I know for a fact you did. You think you deserve what everyone else has? My nigga, you had your own wife, but I guess that wasn’t enough,” he said walking up on me. I stared down at my little brother like he’d lost his mind. What the hell was he talking about that I took what was his? This nigga was big time tripping over that broad. 

“Marcus, you talking crazy. This shit ain’t that deep,” I said. 

“Yeah, when it comes to you, nothing ever matters. But it’s cool bro. Your treachery ends today,” He said and then whistled. 

“What the fuck are you doing?” I asked but didn’t have to wonder for too long. The doors on the SUV flew open and two huge sumo looking niggas jumped out. They rushed towards Marcus and me. “Yo, Marcus what the hell is this shit?” I asked, and he cracked a smile. 

“Aye, this is the muthafucka that got y’all shit. Now that I’ve shown y’all where he lives let me and my lady go,” he said, and I just stared at him. What the fuck was he talking about. What shit?

The men approached me and I tried to size their big asses up. “Yo, I don’t know what the fuck this nigga has told y’all, but I ain’t got nothing to do with it,” I said. The men didn’t say anything as they stared me down. And then suddenly, one of them landed a fist into my jaw. I tried to swing back, but another one grabbed my arm. From there, I started to receive blows from every direction. 

“You shouldn’t have taken Mickey’s shit.” One of them said as he uppercut my ass. 

“Fuck,” I gritted as the salty taste of blood filled my mouth. 

“What shit? And who the fuck is Mickey? Yo Marcus, help me out nigga. C’mon dawg, don’t do it like this,” I said as I tried my best to fight back. I was swinging, but it was like my licks couldn’t connect. For their asses to be so big, they were quick as hell on their feet. “Marcus,” I called once again, but he had already headed back to the truck. I watched him as he climbed in and then closed the door. After that, the window came down and Averi's face appeared. She wore the same smirk as Marcus. 

“Ugh,” I said as a blow went to my stomach and knocked me to the ground. “Marccccuss,” I yelled again as I got my ass stomped out. By now I was gasping for air, my vision was blurry and I was so fucking weak. I could barely hold my head up. When I tried to lift my body, a foot came crashing down onto my head and the next thing I knew, blackness took over. 

                                                          ***

One week later

I was laying in the bed recovering from my near death beating. I had been in the hospital since that night and per the doctor’s instructions, I wouldn’t be able to go home for another few days. Thoughts of how I wanted to kill my own brother ran through my head almost every second of the day. I could have actually died and to know that he was responsible made me see red. It was a miracle that I was still here. I had a broken nose and leg, bruised ribs, slipped disc and a fractured wrist. My eyes were swollen, but they’d since healed some. According to the police my neighbor had come out just in time. She’d scared whoever those men were away by telling them she had called the police. It was funny how I use to always say she was nosey as hell. This time I was thankful that she had decided to get involved because otherwise, I think they would have killed my ass. It was cool though because once I recovered, I was finding Marcus and that bitch Averi and doing some serious harm to them.  And then, I was going to search for those men and knock their asses off. I didn’t care how long it took me, but I was going to seek revenge.

I’d been trying to reach out to Paisley ever since I woke up. Unfortunately for my ass, she hadn’t answered any of my calls or texts. I even had my mom to call and leave a voicemail telling her that I was in the hospital. Paisley still hadn’t responded. I was going crazy not knowing if she were okay. I had even reached out to her mother and she claimed that she hadn’t spoken with her. Marcia and Harmony swear that they hadn’t heard from her either. Being in this hospital was hindering me in the worst way. I didn’t know how much longer I’d be able to sit here without being able to see my wife. I lifted the bed and then grabbed my phone. I was about to make another attempt at reaching out to Paisley. With the little strength that I had, I punched in her numbers on the keypad and placed the phone to my ear. The line had just started to ring when my hospital door opened. When I saw the person who was standing there, I almost dropped a tear. 

“Baby, I was just getting ready to call you,” I said. Paisley stepped further into the room. She didn’t say anything and her face held no emotions. That didn’t bother me though. I was just thankful as hell that she’d finally decided to come see me. Paisley walked to the end of the bed and I just stared at her. She wore a simple black t-shirt and a pair of printed leggings. Her face was void of makeup and her hair was pulled into a bun. Overall she appeared healthy, but judging by the look she gave me, I could see that she harbored some ill feelings towards my ass. “I’m so sorry Paisley. I never meant to hurt you,” I said. 

For a minute, she just continued to stare down at me. I saw a few tears slip from her eyes and it broke my heart. How could I have caused my wife so much pain? She had been nothing but a good girl the entire time we’d been together. I knew one thing, I vowed to spend the rest of my life making it up to her if she decided to give me another chance. 

“You know Nahir, at first I wasn’t going to come here. I went back and forward with myself for two whole days, but then something inside of me finally clicked. And I just had to come. I needed you to see the pain that you’d inflicted on me. I also wanted you to be able to see my face for the last time,” she said, and I frowned. 

“What are you talking about-,”

“Shut up and let me finish,” Paisley gritted and I just nodded. I didn’t want to piss her off any further and cause her to leave. She’d just gotten here and if enduring her rant would keep her here with me, then I was going to deal with it. Therefore, I allowed her to finish. “Now, like I was saying. I wanted you to see my face for the last time because after today, you and I will be finished. You hurt me worse than I’d ever been hurt. I placed you on this pedestal by thinking you would never cause me any harm. But I was so wrong. What you did to me can never be forgiven; not now or ever. So, I want you to know that I’ve already filed for divorce. And don’t worry, I don’t want or need a dime from you. Not for myself and definitely not for the baby,” she said. 

“C’mon now Paisley. I understand that I fucked up, but you are talking crazy if you think that I’mma just let you walk out of my life and take my child with you,” I said. She was starting to piss me off. 

“You really don’t have any choice Nahir. How you feel doesn’t matter to me anymore. You should have thought about that before you carried on with some other woman that wasn’t me. And to think, you did your own brother dirty. Like, now I see exactly what Marcus has been talking about over the years. You’re selfish and inconsiderate. And you don’t care about anybody but yourself. You deserve everything that comes your way,” Paisley raged and I shook my head. 

I knew that she was angry, but she had me fucked up if she felt she was going to take my child away from me. “Look, I know you pissed but you not about to keep my seed away from me. I don’t care what you say,” I gritted. Paisley laughed while staring at me.

“Watch me,” she said and then suddenly pulled an envelope from behind her back. I hadn’t even paid attention to the fact that she had something with her. But she did and I had a feeling about what it was. She walked up to the head of the bed and tossed the manila folder onto my stomach. “Please, don’t fight me on this,” she said.

I quickly opened the envelope and just as I thought it was fuckin’ divorce papers. I looked up at Paisley with a scowl on my face and then slung those bullshit papers to the floor. “I’m not giving you up,” I said, and once again she laughed. 

“That’s okay because no matter what you do, I’m still not going to be with you. So, you can sign the papers or not. Either way, I am done,” she said. 

Suddenly, the hospital’s door opened again and in came the last person that I’d expected to see. He smirked at me and then he and Paisley made eye contact. “Baby is you ready,” he said. 

“Yes, I was just getting ready to come out,” Paisley replied. 

“Okay, do you want me to continue to wait in the hall for you?” he asked. 

“Sure, I won’t be in here much longer,” Paisley said. Next, the guy walked over and kissed her lips. The shit wasn’t just a peck either; it was long and passionate. I desperately wanted to jump out of that bed, but the broken leg that I’d suffered kept me rooted right there to my spot. In addition to that, I was fucking speechless. How could these muthafuckas do me that way? Was all I could think. 

When they finally pulled away from the kiss, the nigga stared up at me with a smirk on his face. He then cast his eyes back on Paisley. “Don’t keep me waiting too long,” He said and smacked her ass. “Aight Nahir, I’ll see ya later man.” 

That was it, the shock had worn off and now my blood had begun to boil. I was going to kill this muthafucka. When I tried to scramble out of bed a sharp pain shot through my body and reminded me that I was in no shape to get at his ass like I wanted to. “Argh,” I grunted while staring at them.

 “You should probably calm down.” He chuckled.

“Fuck you nigga. I’m going to murder yo bitch ass when I get out of here,” I said. 

“Yeah sure! Payback is a bitch ain’t it Nahir,” Datreon said and left the room. 

I took a deep breath to get myself under control. My body was now in even more pain than it had been. “Paisley, what the fuck is that shit? How the hell you gon’ try to fuckin’ play me like that? Do you know that I will kill your muthafuckin’ ass?” I seethed, and she chuckled. 


“You see Nahir; you’re not the only one who can cause someone pain. I have been seeing Datreon behind your back ever since your little “Casino story.” Paisley said holding up quotations. “I knew that you were up to something then, so I decided to do me. I figured that your dirt would eventually come out and I just waited for the day. So, like I said, you deserve everything that you get,” she spat and walked over to the door. She turned and gave me this sly grin “You keep recuperating while I enjoy being with my new man.” Those were the last words she spoke before leaving the room. 


I WAS EVERYTHING HE WANTED (BOOK 1)

Sneak Peek- I Was Everything He Had




                            Marcus 

                           Chapter One

                                 

The Present


“Wake up Marcus,” the familiar voice whispered. My eyes fluttered open. Nervously, I stared up into his cold dark eyes and my heart started to race. I looked at the gun that was pointed at me and then back at him.

“You already know what this is, right?” He said to me. 

“C’mon, do it really gotta come down to this? I know what I did was fucked up, but you hurt me too. So, what you gonna kill me over that bullshit?” I said. 

“You damn right muthafucka. You left me with no other choice,” Nahir raged.

“Nah, you left me with no other choice. So, you know what, if you came here to kill me then do what the fuck you gotta do because I’m not apologizing for shit,” I spewed.

“Nigga, don’t worry I’m going to handle you for sure. You don’t have to worry about that. I ain’t have shit to do with that bullshit and you just gonna send muthafuckas at me like that? Yo ass messed up by not sticking around to make sure whether I was dead or not. That fatal mistake has now cost you your life,” he said and cocked the pistol. I watched as he slowly pulled down on the trigger. I prepared myself for what was to come. I realized that it was the end and Nahir held my life in the palm of his hand. At any minute, my chest would probably resemble that of Swiss cheese and it wouldn’t be shit that I could do about it. Honestly though, I still didn’t regret my decision. Nahir had brought this all on himself when he’d fucked my girl and betrayed me.

 “You can’t do it, can you?” I asked as I watched him suddenly lower the gun. Nahir diverted his eyes towards the floor. “It’s all good bro. We can move past this shit,” I said and he stared back up at me with a sly grin on his face. He then lifted the gun again, but this time instead of aiming it at my chest, he pointed it towards my head.

“Nah, we can’t lil bro. Baby come here,” he said never removing his eyes off of me. I heard footsteps right outside as I wondered who he was talking to. When the person finally came into the room I sighed deeply. 

“You haven’t done it yet?” Averi asked as she came and stood right beside Nahir.

“I’m about to do it now. But I didn’t want you to miss it,” Nahir said, pulling Averi closer to his side. She stood on her tiptoes and pecked his cheek. 

“Good! I’m ready for this shit to be over. I was tired of pretending to be with him,” Averi said. They both then looked at me with devious grins on their faces. At that point, all I could do was shake my head because once again that bitch had played me. She’d bent me over like I was a bitch and fucked me with no lube. I gritted my teeth as I gave her the look of death. 

“Yo, she just gonna do the same shit to you,” I said, and Nahir chuckled. 

“Nah, I doubt that. I’m nothing like your weak ass and it was never you that she wanted. It was always me,” Nahir spat and then pulled the trigger. 

Pow! Pow!

“Fuck!” I said while trying to shield my head with my hand.

“Baby, baby! Get up! I think you’re having another bad dream,” someone said shaking my shoulder as I fought the air. “Marcus calm down!” 

“Hmm…hmm! What the fuck,” I mumbled as I stared at Averi and touched my head at the same time. I looked down at my shirt and saw that it was drenched, but it was only in sweat. I glanced back at Averi and she had a concerned look on her face. “Damn, I had a dream?” I whispered and she slowly nodded.

“Yes, it was just a dream,” she said and I briefly closed my eyes.

 For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out why I kept having those dreams. It was as if the last month or so had been filled with them. And what was crazy is that they wouldn’t always be the same either. Sometimes Nahir would stab me, other times he would shoot me. Once he’d run me down with his car. No matter what I just couldn’t escape them. But then, I would be awakened by Averi, and as usual I would be pouring sweat. I needed to get a grip on reality because it was happening too often. Maybe it was my guilty conscience that was starting to eat me alive. I knew that Nahir was alive because I’d received a message from our momma. She’d informed me that he was in the hospital. But even with that, I was still fucked up at times. 

“Are you okay?” Averi asked as she leaned over and rubbed my back. 

“Stop! Don’t put yo hands on me,” I gritted as I stared into her eyes. 

“What’s the matter?” She frowned up her face in confusion. 

“You,” I said as I tossed the covers to the floor and stood to my feet. I needed to get the fuck away from her. I walked into the small ass bathroom. When I stepped inside I eased over to the toilet and started to relieve myself. 

“Marcus, please tell me what happened in the dream this time?” Averi asked following behind me. 

“Fuck can’t I take a leak in peace? I don’t need you all down my back,” I yelled. 

“Whatever,” she said storming out. 

“Yeah, fuck out here,” I said as I flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink. I stared into the mirror and couldn’t recognize my own self. My eyes looked sunken in, I had bags underneath them, worry lines were etched on my forehead and I had this five o’clock shadow that needed to be handled quickly. It seemed that I’d aged at least five years in just a month. I blew out a breath of air and began to wash my hands. After I had finished, I splashed some water on my face. My heart rate had slowed some, but I was still thrown off. Maybe I needed to try and make amends. What I did to Nahir was dead ass wrong, but in a way I felt slightly justified. My brother had done the unacceptable by getting with my girl not just once but repeatedly. It wasn’t enough that he’d had everything given to him, but he had to take my girl too. Then he’d tried to talk shit about me to her. So nah, I wasn’t doing shit. My thought at this moment was fuck Nahir. After getting myself together I finally left the bathroom and went back into the room. Averi was sitting on the side of the bed going through her phone. When she looked up we made eye contact. 

“Marcus, would you please talk to me. Are you okay?”

“Nah, this time you were in the dream. You and Nahir were together and you told him that you were ready to get this over with right before he shot me in the head.” 

Averi bucked her eyes. “Well, I hope you don’t think that I’m actually capable of doing anything like that for real?” She asked as if she was appalled.

“To be honest, I actually do believe it,” I said and then went back into the bathroom. I couldn’t even stand to be near her right now.

                                          Nahir

                                      Chapter Two


A week later

“Baby, is there anything else that I can get you?” My momma asked.

“It’s cool ma. I don’t need anything else,” I told her. 

 I was three weeks out of the hospital, but my leg still hadn’t healed completely. My mom had suggested that I come stay at her house while I finished recovering. I was cool with that except she’d been on my ass like white on rice. Every thirty minutes it felt like she was asking if I needed something. I didn’t have a problem with her checking on me, but she was treating me like a damn baby. It was a little too much for me to be a grown ass man. Unfortunately though, there was nobody else to take care of me. I hadn’t talked to Paisley since she left the hospital that day with Datreon. I’d tried to call her but she wouldn’t accept any of my calls. A huge part of me was still mad at her ass for what she’d done. But the other part of me that was smart enough to realize that this was my fault foolishly still loved her ass. I just wished that I could go back and do all this shit over again. Fucking off with Averi had not been worth me losing everything over. I had pushed my wife into the arms of my enemy and that shit had me sick to my stomach. See, us men could cheat all day but the first time we heard of another man touching what was ours, we just couldn’t handle that. It was a direct hit to our egos. 

“Okay, well you just let me know if you do. I’m going to my room,” she said. After that she left out of the room. I picked up my phone to give Paisley another call. It was a damn shame, I’d called her so much that I had cleared out my call log.

“Hi, this is Paisley. I’m not available right now-.” I hung up. I was pissed because I knew that she was avoiding my calls on purpose. And what was more fucked up was that all I could think about was that bitch ass nigga Datreon being with my wife. I bet they were sitting back having a good ole laugh at my expense. He was probably telling her not to answer. I swear I couldn’t wait until I was healed. I had a list of paybacks. First up on that list was Datreon, then it was my brother and that bitch Averi. After that, I was gonna find those people who put me in this position. I still didn’t know who they were. All I knew is that it was someone that Marcus knew. Matter fact now that I thought about it, Marcus had probably put Datreon up to hollering at Paisley. I could see him doing some hoe ass shit like that. Suddenly, I heard a loud beating at my momma’s door. Who the hell is that? I wondered. It would be good if that were Paisley, but I knew I was reaching with that one. She wasn’t coming to see my ass. 

“I got it Nahir baby.” I heard my momma yell and then I listened to her footsteps. I sat there blankly staring at my phone as she went to open the door. About a minute or so went by and then my momma appeared with a white man who had a suit on. I noticed the badge on the breast pocket of his suit, and that’s when I realized that he was another police. Why couldn’t these folks just leave me alone? I was tired of answering the same fucking questions.

“Nahir, this is a detective…my momma started to say but then she suddenly turned to the man. “Um, I didn’t get your name,” she said.

“It’s detective Lewis ma’am,” the officer stated.

“Oh, okay. Well yeah, detective Lewis said that he has some questions for you,” she explained. “He’s here to talk to you about the incident that happened that night.”

I looked up at the detective and he was just staring at me. “Ok, wassup?” I asked. It wasn’t like I was about to tell him anything. I was gonna do him just like I’d been doing all the other police that had been to see me. I let all of them think that I didn’t know what had happened to me. I made it seem as if this was a random act of violence. Regardless of the beef between Marcus and me I’d never hand him over to the police. That’s why I hadn’t told our momma. I knew that she would be pissed.

“Uh, do you mind if I speak with Nahir alone ma’am,” the detective asked.

“Um, sure. I guess,” she said. “Can I get you guys something to drink?”

“Nah, I’m good ma,” I told her. Really I was just ready for this nigga to say what he had to say so his ass could leave. I didn’t like the way that he was staring at me. 

“I’m fine ma’am and I’ll be out of you guy’s way in a minute,” the detective said.

My momma nodded and then left the room. As soon as she was gone I turned to the detective. 

“What can I do-,” I had started to say but he rushed over to me and pulled out a gun.

“What the fuck?” I said aloud while looking at him with confusion written on my face. 

“Don’t you dare make any moves,” he barked.

“Yo, what the fuck kind of police are you?” I asked.

“I’m not a policeman Nahir. I’m here for Mickey. We heard you were out of the hospital, so we figured we’d pay you a little visit. 

I gritted my teeth as I stared at this muthafucka who had boldly entered my momma’s house and impersonated being a police officer. He had a lot of balls but unfortunately, it wasn’t shit that I could do about it. I was immobile and he had a gun. Therefore, I had to listen to what the fuck he had to say. But how the hell had he found out where I was?

“Look, you better be glad that I’m not up or I-.”

“You’ll what? Scream for your mommy?” He said and then laughed.

I bit the inside of my jaw. This muthafucka thought that he was funny. “Yo, just tell me what the fuck you want and get out of my house.”

“Yeah, just what I thought,” he taunted. “Now, I already told you I’m here on Mickey’s behalf.”

“And I already told y’all niggas that I don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. I ain’t got shit to do with none of that.” I gritted through clenched teeth. 

“I know. We did some digging around and found out that you didn’t have anything to do with it,” he said.

“Well, if you know all that then why the fuck is you here at my house?”

“Because we made the mistake of letting Paula get away. And now we need-.”

“Who?” I said cutting him off.

“Oh that’s right, it’s Averi to you,” he said, and I frowned. “Yeah, I bet you hate that you went into that sweet little pussy now don’t you? She’s got you and your brother trapped in some real deal mess,” he smirked.

“Man, just tell me what the fuck you gotta say,” I told him. At the same time, I was wondering how in the fuck did he know that I had fucked Averi? None of this shit was making sense to me. They knew everything.

“Oh yeah, she and your low-life brother told us that you made Paula rob Mickey. But now we know that’s not the truth. So now we want her and your brother. The thing is we can’t seem to find them anywhere, so I came here because I’m sure you know their location,” he said.

“Look, I don’t know where the fuck they at and if I did know where my brother was, I still wouldn’t tell you. I’m not about to turn him over to y’all,” I spat.

Out of nowhere, the guy leaned in and squeezed my injured leg. “Arrrrrgh,” I grunted. I tried to pry his big hand off my leg but he had too firm of a grip.

“Oh, so you’re not? Well how about this, if you don’t tell me where they are then I’m going to go right in there with that beautiful mom of yours and place a bullet in her head,” he threatened.

I tried to jump up when he said that, but he put more pressure on my leg. “Muthafucka, leave my momma out of this shit,” I told him while fighting through the pain.

He finally released my leg. “I don’t want to hurt her but I will if you don’t cooperate.”

As I stared at him I rubbed my hand over the spot where he had just squeezed. “If you know where I’m at, how come you can’t find them?” I asked.

 “Well, they seemed to have just slipped away smart ass. Now, I want you to contact your brother and Paula. We want them to give us three million dollars. After that we’ll handle the rest.”

“So let me get this straight, you want me to deliver up my brother to you on a silver platter and then just walk away?” I asked. This muthafucka had to be crazy. I didn’t give a damn what Marcus had done to me, I wouldn’t do that to him.

“Isn’t that what he did to you?” He asked.

“You just gonna have to kill me because I ain’t doing it,” I stated defiantly. 

“Nah, I don’t think so. Taking you out would be too easy. I’m just going to go ahead and kill your momma and that pretty little bride of yours,” he said.

My eyes suddenly bucked. Did this muthafucka just mention Paisley? What the fuck had Marcus gotten us involved in? Now I had to find a way to get this shit handled without any of my family getting hurt. 

Just then my momma entered the room again. “Detective did you get everything you needed? Will y’all be able to find the people that did this to my son?” She asked. 

The fake ass policeman looked at me. “Nahir, did you tell me everything that you know about the situation?” He asked while discreetly hiding his gun back inside of his pants.

I stared at him with a frown on my face. “Yeah, I’mma be in touch. Do you have a card?” I asked.

“Oh, no need for that. Remember we have your number and will contact you in a few days,” he told me. He then turned to my momma. “Ma’am thank you for allowing me to speak to him.”

“No problem officer. I just really hope you find who did this to my baby.”

“Don’t worry, we’ll catch them,” he said, “You all have a good evening.” 

“Well, let me walk you out,” my momma told him. 

“Nah ma. He can see himself out,” I yelled. 

“Nahir? That was rude,” she said.

“It’s okay ma’am. I really can see myself out,” the dude said.

“You sure?” My momma asked.

“Yes ma’am. Have a good day! Nahir, I’ll be in touch,” the man said and then gave me this sinister look while my momma wasn’t looking. I didn’t say shit I just stared at him. After that he left the house.

“What was that about and why were you so rude to that policeman. They were just trying to help,” my momma said.

“Listen to me ma, I already told those folks what I know. I don’t understand why they keep coming around. They are trying to make this situation something that it’s not. Since when have the police been in such a rush to investigate a crime like this dealing with a black man?” I asked. 

“Well, I didn’t think about all that and you gotta point there,” she said.

“Exactly!”

“Okay, so what do you want me to do then?”

“Just stop answering the door and their calls. Eventually, they’ll go away. If I ain’t did nothing then they can’t force me to talk to them. Trust if they want the people who actually did this, then they will find them.”

“Okay, this is your call,” she said. “I’m going back to my room.”

“Aight,” I told her. 

I hated to lie to my momma but I had to protect her. And now I needed to hurry up and find Marcus. He was gonna fix this shit ‘cause if he didn’t then, I was gonna kill his ass myself. 



.

Copyright © 2018 AUTHORESS N.L. HUDSON - All Rights Reserved.


Taking drama to the next level

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Relase- Full Standalone novel (Urban Romance)

New novella coming soon (sneak peek)

Love In The Ring (The finale sneak peek)