Excerpt From I Was Everything He Wanted


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35603869-i-was-everything-he-wanted






Good Afternoon,

So, I know I promised you guys an excerpt from book one of my story, titled, I Was Everything that He Wanted, but something important came up on Friday that prevented me from fulfilling that promise. I apologize for that! However, I'm here to deliver now. This scene that I'm about to bring to you, is from Paisley, the main female character. She's just sold her first home, and she's really excited about the commission check that was received from the sale. Unfortunately, something happens around that same time that takes all the joy away from her first experience. Below, you'll get to see firsthand the tragedy that changes Paisley's perception of her parents. Get ready to tune in. Also, if you haven't read book 1 yet, it's available on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble.com, and of course, my website; https://www.authoressnlhudson.com. I'm currently running a Christmas special on my site for paperbacks. *Link is attached for the book!







   (Warning) This piece does contain some profanity, sexual and graphic language. Not suitable for children, and maturity is advised.****READ AT YOUR OWN RISK**** I hope you guys enjoy. If you like, leave a comment below to tell me what you think.  ***ALL RIGHTS RESERVED***** No piece of this content can be copied, and used for personal gain, without consent from Authoress, N.L. Hudson (Everything that you are reading is complete fiction. No part of it, is true in any way.)


                                             Excerpt


                                                       8
                                                   Paisley
                                              

Three weeks later



“Oh my goodness, I cannot believe I sold my first house,” I said to Tippy. I looked at the big commission check that I had received from the sale for like the hundredth time. The amount was nineteen thousand, eight hundred and fifty-six dollars to be exact.

“I know how you feel girly. I was the same exact way as you when I got my first check. But I’m sure you’re even happier than I was because back then the amount wasn’t nearly as much,” she said, and I laughed.

“I can believe that, but at least you’re bringing in a lot more now since the housing market has changed significantly.”  Tippy nodded.

“So, what are you going to do to celebrate. Is Nahir taking you out tonight?” she asked.
“Yes, we have plans to double date with my brother -n- law and his girlfriend. I didn’t want to do anything too big since I have to be here so early,” I explained.

“Well, I can understand that, but try to enjoy yourself. You deserve it. I’m going to go ahead and get on out of here. I’m supposed to be having dinner with my son,” Tippy said grabbing her purse and tossing the strap over her shoulder.

“Alright, enjoy yourself as well, and I will see you in the morning,” I said.

Tippy waved goodbye and walked out of my office. After she’d made her exit, I stared down at my check again. I still couldn’t believe it, and it felt so surreal. The amount was good, but it wasn’t like I hadn’t seen that number before. Hell, I had well over that in my savings. It was just the fact that I couldn’t believe I had made my first sale. All the hard work and dedication I had put into perfecting my craft made me super proud of myself. Right before my very own eyes, my dreams were finally coming to life. Since we didn’t have any more showings for the evening, I decided to call it a night. I had to meet Nahir at the house so that we could ride together. Plus, I needed to shower and change into something more comfortable. I stood up to grab my things. When I had my purse in my hands, I snatched up my lunch box and walked out of my office. After locking the door, I stuck my keys into my purse and walked down to my father’s office so that I could let him know that I was leaving. As I approached, I saw that the door was closed. I got ready to knock when I heard what sounded like soft moans. No, couldn’t be, I thought as I placed my ear to the door.

“Yes, Arthur right there.” The sound of the moans had been evident that time. Oh hell no. I threw my purse on the floor and jerked the doorknob pushing it open. Surprisingly it wasn’t locked, but what I saw made me wish that it had been.

“What the fuck is going on in here?” I shouted.

“Paisley, wait it’s not what you think,” my father said as I stared at him pull away from Melvi. She hurried to pull down her dress while trying to avoid eye contact with me. The look that she wore on her face was of embarrassment, and her cheeks were now flushed. But I didn’t give a damn how she felt.

“It’s not what I think. Are you serious? It’s exactly what it looks like, and that’s you in here cheating on my mother with this slut,” I screamed at the top of my lungs. My father held his hand up to signal for me to calm down, but I had too much fury inside of me. I looked back at Melvi, and she stood with her hands in a praying position. “What the hell are you still doing here bitch,” I gritted.

Melvi jumped, but she still didn’t try to make her way out of my dad’s office. In fact, she backed up until she was behind him.

“Paisley, please calm down,” my father said while shielding Melvi. He now had his pants pulled back up, but his shirt was still unbuttoned. As I looked at them together, it made me even madder. Melvi was just standing there as if she didn’t know her place. Any sane person would have run the moment they were caught with someone’s husband, but not this bitch. No, she was bold.

“Don’t tell me to calm down. This bitch needs to get the hell out. She’s still just standing there as if she belongs here,” I yelled.

“Listen to me baby girl, don’t focus on her. Look at me. I’m who you should be concerned with,” my dad tried to say. Why did he say that? His words made my blood begin to boil and seeing Melvi hold on to him made me flip out. Kicking off my heels, I took off charging full speed until I made it to her. She tried to hide behind my dad, but it was nothing that was going to help her get out of this ass whooping that I had for her. “Wait, Paisley, calm down. Don’t do that,” my dad struggled to keep me from hitting her, but it was already too late. I had gripped Melvi by her long blonde hair, wrapped it around my fist and then with the other fist I pummeled it into her face.

“NO STOP! PLEASE, ARTHUR, GET HER OFF OF ME!” she screamed while trying to pry my hand from the tight hold that I had on her hair.

“Paisley Stephenson, you stop that right now,” my father said calling me by full name. However, his words fell on deaf ears as I continued to beat the shit out of Melvi’s ass.

“Oh my God, please stop. I’m sorry,” the bitch cried as I landed blow after blow to her white, pale face. Blood had started to squirt out of her nose, and her eyes were starting to swell, but I didn’t give a damn.

“Do you hear me talking to you dammit,” my dad bellowed and gripped me by the back of my collar. With one of his strong hands, he lifted me from my feet. My legs were now dangling in the air as he handled me like I was a rag doll. But I still held my grip on Melvi.

“Put me down now daddy,” I kicked and screamed.

“Not until you release the hold you have on her hair. Do it now,” he demanded.

Realizing that I wouldn’t be able to give her the ass whooping that I wanted to with my dad present, I finally let go of Melvi’s hair. This time she took heed to my warning as she scurried from the office whimpering like a hit puppy. My dad gently placed me down on my feet. He was breathing heavily while shaking his head.

Whap!

“What the hell is wrong with you little girl,” my dad said after I landed a slap to his face that was so hard it made my hand burn.

“You know exactly what’s wrong. How could you do that to momma? How could you do that to me?” I said through clenched teeth. Normally, I would have never done anything like that, but I was so hurt and upset that my emotions just made me react without thinking. I just knew that my dad was about to strike me back, but he must have realized how mad I was. Because almost immediately, he dropped the frown that he had on his face and replaced it with a look of defeat.

“I’m sorry baby. I never meant to hurt you or your mother this way,” he mumbled.

“Wow, you never intended to hurt us but yet you didn’t even have enough respect to not screw her in the same office that your daughter works at,” I said.

“I thought you were gone,” he said as if that justified his actions.

“You know what, I always had a feeling that you were cheating. All those long meetings, out of town visits, and coming home late were all tell-tale signs. But it was like I couldn’t make myself come to terms with it. I would always say to myself, not my hero. He wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize our family. Never in a million years would I have thought that I’d catch you in the actual act,” I said. Tears fell from my eyes as I stared at the man whom I once adored.

“I know that nothing I say will make you feel any-.”

“Save it. You are fucking pathetic,” I said.

My father put his head down and stared at the floor. He knew that he had messed up big time. There was no way that I would not tell my mom about this. And what was worst was that I didn’t think he cared about that. I believe he was only worried about the fact that I had caught him. I stood staring at him for a minute longer and then I turned to walk away. But before I could reach the threshold, I turned back to him one last time, “You are dead to me,” I said and left out.

                                        *********


 Knock. Knock. Knock.

I pounded on the door at my parent’s home waiting for my mom to answer. I knew that she was home because her car was parked out in their circular drive. As I waited, I paced back and forth trying to wrap my head around the situation. If I were a cigarette smoker, then I probably would have chained smoked a few by then, that’s how bad my nerves were. Suddenly, the locks could be heard turning on the inside and when the door opened my mom stood in a flowy dress with her makeup and hair freshly done. She looked beautiful and appeared happy. Now I hated that I was about to ruin her day.

“What’s the matter Paisley?” she asked as she noticed my disheveled clothes and the look on my face.

“I need to speak with you,” I said.

“Well, come on in,” she told me and stepped back to allow me to enter. Once I got inside, I just stood in the foyer with my hands trembling

“What’s the matter, baby? Did something bad happen?” she asked.

“Oh, momma. I’m so sorrrrrrry,” I said unable to hold back my tears.

“Paisley, you’re scaring me. I need you to calm down and tell me what is going on,” she said soothingly while stroking my back. I sniffled a bit and then wiped my tears.

“I think we should sit down,” I said. My mother gave me a nervous look, but then turned and walked towards the kitchen.

My parents had a huge home that my dad had built about ten years back. The house was a modern style, with eight bedrooms, six baths, two kitchens, a game room, theater, a library, huge backyard, with an indoor and outdoor pool. They also had a pool house in the back for when they held large parties and some of the guest couldn’t make it home. I often wondered why they would need a house so big when it was just the two of them. But my dad said it was what my mom had wanted, and he always gave her what she wanted. See my mom couldn’t have any more children after she gave birth to me. They had tried on several occasions, but each pregnancy that she had before and after me resulted in a miscarriage. The doctors had said that her uterus was too weak to carry another child to full term. That’s why for the longest when I was growing up, I was called the miracle baby. My mom would whisper that to me as she braided my hair in plaits. It was also another reason I had been so spoiled growing up and why she and I had such a great relationship. Once we made it into the kitchen, my mother walked over and grabbed a mug. She went into the cabinets and prepared to make her special tea that she usually made whenever I was upset. The tea always helped to calm me down. I watched as she moved about the kitchen taking out the ingredients. It was like she knew I was about to drop a bomb on her, but still, she remained steadfast. After fixing us both a cup of the tea, she took a seat across from me at the counter.

“Sip up,” she said. Doing just as I was advised, I took a sip of my tea and swiped away the last of my tears. “Now, tell me what's going on.”

Just, as usual, the tea calmed me down a bit, but not enough to keep me from being angry. “Momma, again I am sorry for the news I am about to tell you. There really isn’t an easy way for me to say this,” I said.

“Paisley, whatever it is I’m sure I’ll live. Unless you’re going to tell me that someone has died then I’ll be okay,” she assured, but I disagreed. She had no idea the type of news that I was about to spill.

“Well um, I um,” I said stammering. I was so nervous because no matter how many times a person might say they want to know about their significant other cheating, it’s still hard to be the one to deliver that news.

“Just spit out honey,” she said, and I swallowed hard. I glanced down at my hands and noticed they were sweating. When I looked back up, my mom was staring at me.

“Okay, here it is. Momma, I caught daddy cheating on you today,” I blurted out.

For a second she remained quiet while she sipped her tea. When she sat the mug back down, she folded her hands on the counter. “Alright with whom,” she said in a surprisingly calm tone.

“It was with his secretary, Melvi. I walked into his office, and they were um you know,” I whispered.

“Hmm, you don’t say. Well, I’m sorry you had to witness that,” she said and shook her head.

I gave her a questioning look because she didn’t seem surprised, nor was her reaction that of someone who had just received that type of news. To be honest, it didn’t even seem like she batted an eyelash. She was just a little too calm for my liking.

“Did you hear me?” I asked.

“Yes, I heard you.” She replied and then picked up her tea again.

“So, why aren’t you upset?” I needed to understand what was going through her head. Was she in a state of shock? Was she hurt? Could it have been that she was about to flip out? I had heard of people that received news of this magnitude snapping out and killing someone. They usually appeared calm, but then within a short time frame everything just seemed to spiral out of control, and they would go on a violent rant. Like was what happening? After sitting for a few minutes in silence, she finally looked up at me.

“Let me tell you something, Paisley. Rarely in my life am I surprised by anything. A long time ago I stopped trying to live out a fantasy that I knew would never come true. I had this feeling that your father was up to something. So, I’m really not shocked by this news. Growing up, I witnessed my own father have many affairs on my mother. Hell, a few of them even resulted in outside children. When I went to my mom, just as you came to me and told her about it, she had the same reaction. She also told me just what I’m about to say to you; it happens, and it’s nothing you can do about it. You just have to accept that they love you and know that those other women don’t mean a thing to them. Especially, if you have a good man that takes care of home and provides for you, it’s best just to look the other way,” she said, and I frowned.

“What? How could you just look the other way? I mean no offense to you and grandma, but what type of advice is that to give? So you just tolerate a man cheating, because he provides for you?” I asked.

“Well, not exactly. It’s a little more complexed than that. What I’m saying is prepare for those times and know that it’s almost inevitable with any relationship. Whether the man is the provider or not it’s going to happen. It’s just in their DNA to be cheaters. Sure, we as women don’t like it, but when you love a man, and you guys have built a life together, it’s not that easy to walk away.  And when you have a good one, you should know that holding on is for the best because you could end up with a lot worse,” she said.

“Okay, you’re speaking in riddles, and I don’t understand any of this. There is no way that I will stick with a man that cheats on me. Nope, it’s not happening. That’s why I’m making my own way so that I don’t have to depend on anyone but myself,” I said. It was unbelievable to hear my mom speak that way. It almost made her seem as if she were insecure and didn’t think she deserved better. The situation was sickening. She was so beautiful and didn’t have to put up with that. My mom was part Haitian descent and part African American. Her father was Haitian, and of course, my grandmother was African American. My mom had a smooth, milk chocolate complexion, with grayish color eyes, long flowy hair that she kept fixed in big bouncy curls, and a tight firm body.  She was on the taller side, standing at 5’8. She was 43 but had such a youthful appearance that people often said that she looked like she was in her thirties. Not only that, but she was smart as hell. She held many degrees that she could put to use at any time. She’d helped my father start his businesses; therefore, she could do the same for herself. So, you see, she could probably have any man that she wanted.

“Alright,” she laughed while breaking my thoughts.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“I said the same thing to my mom that you just said.”

“Are you trying to say that Nahir will cheat on me? And that I’ll probably be telling my kids the same thing?” I asked.

“No, I’m not saying that at all. I don’t know what will happen. But honey all I can tell you is hope for the best and prepare for the worst,” she said.

Just then, the sounds of the front door being opened interrupted our conversation. I knew that it was my father and I didn’t want to stick around to see his pathetic face. Furthermore, my mom’s little speech had left a sour taste in my mouth. What kind of mother gives their daughter advice like that? The whole conversation had just made me see her in a different light. I didn’t believe that Nahir would cheat on me, but if he did, there was no way that I would stick around with him. It just wasn’t happening.

“I’ll see you later. Sorry that I even bothered you with this,” I said grabbing my purse and heading for the backdoor.

“Thank you, Paisley. I do appreciate you looking out for me, but I’m going to be fine,” my mother yelled at me, and I rolled my eyes.


“Yeah, whatever,” I mumbled and walked outside. I was now so exhausted that I no longer wanted to celebrate. All I wanted to do was go home, take a shower, and forget the entire day ever happened.





                                         


          https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35603869-i-was-everything-he-wanted

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Relase- Full Standalone novel (Urban Romance)

Love In The Ring (The finale sneak peek)

New Book Alert