Author Interview-N.L. Hudson




Good Morning!

This morning I wanted to share with you guys the interview that I recently completed. The interviewer was Marilyn Brown, CEO, of Slyce Book club and OGPublication. Below, you'll be able to get a peek into my life a little. I hope you guys enjoy!


1.)WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME AN AUTHOR?

My husband had been trying for a while to get me to complete a book, but honestly, I didn’t know if I could or not. However, the opportunity presented itself when I went on my maternity leave late, last year. I’m not sure what it was, but something just gave me the courage to go ahead and complete one of the stories that I’d had in my head for a while. Once I finished my manuscript, I contacted several small publishers; all of which I heard back from, except for one. At that point, I prayed about it, talked it over with my husband and the rest of my family, and then I made my decision. The publisher I chose then, is the same one that I’m still with now- Natavia Presents.

2.)WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR PUBLISHING COMPANY?

Natavia Presents

3.)IN WHAT GENRE DO YOU WRITE?

My stories are Urban, Women’s fiction, Romance with a twist of suspense. They are all considered African American literature.

4.) HAVE YOU EVER PENNED UNDER ANOTHER NAME?

No, I’ve only gone under N.L. Hudson

5.)YOU WROTE A BOOK TITLED " ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO BE DOWN FOR YOU".  WHAT WAS THIS BOOK ABOUT?

This book is a spin-off title of another story I wrote called, All I Ever Wanted Was A Love Like Yours. And what it is about are the supporting characters, Micah & Vic. In this book, it shows how they’ve gotten together and are now living their lives after a tumultuous courtship. Micah and Vic are trying their best to keep it together, but there are certain people and situations keeping them from being great together.

6.)IS THIS BOOK A STAND ALONE OR A SERIES?

This is a standalone with another possible spin-off

7.)HOW IMPORTANT ARE INTERVIEWS?
They are very important for the author to gain exposure.

8.)HOW IMPORTANT ARE REVIEWS?
Reviews help not only the author to recognize the areas in which they may need growth, but they also show others how great the book was, or wasn’t in their opinion.

9.)WHAT DOES THE TERM "BUILDING A BRAND" MEAN?

Getting out and making yourself known to others by way of marketing.

10.)WHAT STEPS ARE YOU TAKING TO BUILD YOUR BRAND?
Research
Book signings
Products with my name
Networking

11.)DO YOU FEEL A NEW AUTHOR SHOULD HAVE A "TEAM"?

Yes, I believe a team is very important for a new author.

12.)WHAT WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU MADE AS A "NEW AUTHOR?

The biggest mistake that I’ve made is not starting early. Although, the idea of creating a book had been in place for years; I didn’t think out the process when I finally decided to execute on that plan. There is so much that goes into being an author than just writing. You have to begin early by building your audience, networking, setting budgets, researching, and other things. I just sort of jumped right in when I figured it was time for me to complete my story. So, now I’m having to do all that I should have done in the beginning while also trying to complete stories. You live, and you learn though; therefore, I’m just taking each experience and applying them to my future endeavors.

13.)WHAT GOALS DO YOU WISH TO ACHIEVE AS AN AUTHOR?

Gain new readers in which I can share my many stories with. Also, I hope to become a New York Times Bestseller.

14.)WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU OFFER TO THOSE ASPIRING TO BECOME AUTHOR?

I would say begin early, research, don’t get caught up in the industry’s drama, never allow anyone to make you doubt yourself. This gift was given to us by God so no one can take that away. Stay consistent with your work, write what’s in your heart. Also, make sure to connect with your readers, never give up, and have faith no matter how long it takes you to become successful. If this is truly your passion, then it will one day pay off.

15.)IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE COOKING IN THE LAB FOR AUTHOR N.L. HUDSON?

Yes, I’m working on book 2 of a two-book series, another spinoff, and I’m completing a short story that I started on.

16.)IS THIS BOOK A E-BOOK AND/OR PAPERBACK?

As of right now, it’s just an e-book, but shortly it will be available in paperback as well.

17.)DO YOU  WRITE FOR THE PASSION OR THE PROFIT?

As a new author, you mainly write for the passion. Once I’m an established author, I'd like to write for both!

18.)WHERE CAN OUR VIEWER PURCHASE THIS BOOK?

Amazon/Goodreads/ - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36684516-all-i-ever-wanted-was-to-stay-down-for-you?from_search=true
https://www.authoressnlhudson.com


19.)HOW CAN OUR VIEWERS CONTACT YOU?

I’m on Facebook as N.L. Hudson (Like page, author page, and N.L. Hudson: For the love of Books-reading group)
Twitter- @NLHudson3
Instagram- n.l. hudson
Website-  HYPERLINK "https://www.authoressnlhudson.comhttps://www.authoressnlhudson.com" https://www.authoressnlhudson.com
Email-  HYPERLINK "mailto:nlhudson16@authoressnlhudson.com" nlhudson16@authoressnlhudson.com nlhudson16@authoressnlhudson.com
Amazon- amazon.com/author/nlhudson
You can also check out my blogs @  HYPERLINK "https://www.authoressnlhudson.blogspot.com" https://www.authoressnlhudson.blogspot.comwww.authoressnlhudson.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Relase- Full Standalone novel (Urban Romance)

Love In The Ring (The finale sneak peek)

New Book Alert