Book Topics

https://www.authoressnlhudson.com


Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was so-so. I've been under the weather the past two days. Now, I'm feeling a lot better. So, to jump right in, I wanted to discuss the literary world. I was on social media, and I read this status where someone said what they were tired of reading the same type of stories. I can somewhat relate because some stories are the same, and what I mean by that is some of the books have similar storylines. Now, that's not uncommon as there are some alike mines in the world. Therefore, some stories will be the same, primarily if you write in the same genre. However, you one have to think outside of the box.

Take, for instance, my stories have an Urban setting, but they're not just about drug dealers, clothing, money, jewelry, or typical things that you may read about in some books. My stories consist of love, family, work ethics, forgiveness, betrayal, and real everyday life situations. I try to give drama in all of my books because I know that's what sells. At the same time, I also like to keep it fresh. But it seems that people who complain about reading those same storylines aren't willing to leave their comfort zone to try new material. They have their favorite authors, which is totally fine. I have my favorites as well. However, don't complain about something, but you're not willing to try something new. I like to try all types of stories. That way, I won't become burnt out on my favorite genre, which is Urban fiction.

Unfortunately, in this world that we live in where it's monkey see monkey do, it's a lot harder to stand out. But even with that knowledge, I refuse to blend in. Over time, that would become old. You have to be one of the few that are brave enough to take the risk of being different. It may take you longer to reach the top than someone else who may have started after you, but I honestly believe that it will be worth the wait. Uniqueness and longevity are crucial to anything that you do and wish to be successful at.

As a somewhat new author, I would like to give advice to those aspiring authors that are first starting out. Always do your research, stay true to yourself, be consistent with your work, invest in your brand, and give the people fresh material even if it takes you a little longer to release. Also, don't be afraid to step outside of the box, make sure to have tough skin, network, stay out of the drama, and never allow someone to dictate your career.  Because, in the end, it's your name on your work; therefore, you have to protect you at all cost.

Well, that's it for now. I just wanted to discuss this topic since I've noticed it quite often here lately. Feel free to chime in if you have anything to add.
As always, thanks for reading!
N.L. Hudson

If you would like to stay in contact with me, see my social media below and my website up top.

FB- N.L. Hudson (like page)
N.L. Hudson: For the love of books (reading group)

Twitter-@NLHudson3

Instagram- n.l.hudson

Amazon follow page - amazon.com/author/n.l.hudson

email- nlhudson16@authoressnlhudson.com






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upcoming Relase- Full Standalone novel (Urban Romance)

Love In The Ring (The finale sneak peek)

New Book Alert